Friday, February 4, 2011

Double-Take for ‘Inception’

The Christopher Nolan film “Inception” is mind-blowing. Imagine someone entering your subconscious to steal your secrets and tell you what to think. Changing the human mind from the inside is the idea behind the 2010 movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.  

"Inception" DVD

DiCaprio’s character, Cobb, has been wrongly charged with murdering his wife and his only aspiration is to have the charge cleared so that he can be with his children. He is hired by a large corporation to take out the competition in hopes that the executive of the corporation will have Cobb's charges dropped.

The job sounds simple enough, but Cobb isn’t a typical thief. He sneaks into the competition’s mind to perform inception, all the while battling secrets in his own mind. 

Leonardo DiCaprio

Ariadne, played by Ellen Page, realizes that the whole team is at risk because of the dangers locked in Cobb’s mind, and attempts to help him deal with his past. In the end, Cobb must decide what is real and what is merely a dream.

Ellen Page

 If the plot sounds confusing, that’s because it is, but that’s to be expected from a film based on the workings of the mind. The first time I watched the movie, I must admit I was lost and confused, only catching the main idea; however, the second time I found the movie to be more comprehensible and much more enjoyable. 

The acting, special effects, and visuals were phenomenal, but I’ll have to give “Inception” a 3.5 out of 5 for lack of clarity.


3 comments:

  1. This movie is very confusing. I rented this movie two weeks ago and I was lost within 30 mins of watching it. It’s good that you caught the main idea within the first take of watching it. Maybe I need to watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Classy with a Twist. This movie was very confusing! I went to see it with my dad and he was lost as well. I would like to try to watch it again and see if I can understand it better. Everyone says it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this movie. I had to sit down, and really pay attention, but when I finally understood what was going on, I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete